Sponsored Walk


I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who sponsored me for the walk round Montrose Basin. My brother-in-law Dave walked it with me as Kate is pregnant just now. We arrived a little late so missed the registration but caught the last group up at the House of Dun. We even passed some of them and finished the walk in 2hrs 55 mins which was a fantastic time. It's supposed to be 10 miles and is all on the road or pavements as there isn't a actual path round the basin itself. However, I'm positive that there was at least an extra mile at the end plus we had to walk back to the car! It's was a lovely evening though I did get a couple of blisters as I wasn't wearing my hiking boots but I'm really pleased that my knee was fine. I think the cycling has definetly helped with that. Oh, and I really recommend Irn-bru at the finish line!!

I'm still waiting for the last of the money to come in but I've got around £270 I think and I will post the final total soon. The last I heard, there were around 400 people taking part though I certainly didn't see that many. All the money raised is going to Ward 32 at Ninewells Hospital which is the cancer ward, next to the chemotherapy department and will be used to provide facilities for patients, visitors and new chemo pumps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update

Weekend fun - part 1