Happy holidays

I'm currently on holiday at the moment and go back to work on Monday so have finally got some time to update the blog. It's raining at the moment (it's true, the British love talking about the weather!) so it's a fine time to work on it. Thanks to the fridge/freezer that decided to die on me just after it's guarantee had run out (naturally), I'm holidaying at home which has turned out really well. The corn lice, of course, came out on the first day and we now have a bird scarer going off literally every two minutes and sounds like a gun.

The Council are also proposing to put double yellow lines starting from my house up to the last house leading to the lighthouse, meaning all and sundry will be parking in front of my house and there will nowhere for the 15 or so cars to go. The car park is full, can't park there and rest of the streets certainly can't take the cars. Needless to say, the majority if not all of the street are objecting and you have to wonder how they think things up like this.

I'm still job hunting, not much on that front at the moment and I'm nearly finished the first of the three baby blankets. I just need to work out the edging preferably before the baby is born! I've spent some of the holidays clearing out the house, giving it some TLC since I've hardly been in recently. I was astounded to find stuff from Wales that I thought I'd gone through when I moved up to Montrose. I'm hoping that's the last of it as my shredder frequently stops working. It's amazing the junk that you accumulate and the stuff you don't use at all. I'm breeding cups by the dozen and our Church supports starter packs so they'll be getting quite a bit from me. I went down the to skip this morning to find it really busy, met my college tutor and returned home to discover that I'd left the bigger items behind!! Not exactly what I had planned to do but there we go.

Because I haven't gone away this year, I've managed to get up the Glens a lot more. I took the bike and cycled round Glen Clova (admittedly walked up a few of the steeper braes, wee wheels etc) and walked in Glen Esk and Prosen. Mum joined me this week and we did most of the Rocks of Solitude in Esk which was lovely then got bitten by the midges further up at Invermark! It was great just to have the time to choose when to go: get up, look at the hills, pack up the cool box and go whereas at the weekends, it depends on the weather and this summer, it's been wet a lot of the weekends. So below are some photos:

This is the road leading to Glen Doll and was taken at Glen Clova. Note the rain in the distance which hit us five minutes later.

This one is taken at Loch Lee, Glen Esk.

This one is looking up the path to the white Caterthun which is the steeper of the two. This link will give you more information about the white and brown Caterthuns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update

Weekend fun - part 1