Update

Oops, hadn't realised I hadn't updated this since August!! So in a nutshell......

I'm still at College though I've got my HNC in Computing. I needed to do another 3 modules to be able to go on and do the HND in the future. Block (term) 3 starts this week and I've only 1 module to do which is building a network - quite looking forward to that.

I've also been to another 2 author events. Stuart MacBride writes a crime series set in Aberdeen featuring DS Logan McRae and manages to combine some humour with the gory descriptions. He was really good, chatted for ages and had a good banter going with the audience. The other author was Alexander MacGregor who is a Dundee author. Funny thing was he turned up at the Rotary Club a couple of weeks after! So, another 2 signatures in my autograph book.

I'm still cycling though I stopped during the winter. I had intended trying to cycling through winter but gave up with all the snow and ice we had. I dug the bike out a couple of weeks ago and managed to get out for a long run yesterday. Reckoned we cycled around 15 miles which was good.

I went down to London in September and stayed with family. First time I'd ever been on a sleeper and would certainly do it again. Gained a couple days by travelling overnight which was even better. By the time I'd left, I was quite jealous of their transport system. Folk were complaining that the trains weren't running more often - they were every 4 or 5 mins! Up here, the bus to Dundee is every hour and a train is on average every 30 mins.

I went to both the Natural History and British Museums, the Phantom of the Opera, walked alot but didn't go on the cycle tour. I also visited areas outwith London too. All in all, it was really good and I had a great time. Problem now is - where to go this year?!

So, I'm still trying to keep up with my reading (not doing well with that) and I've just finished another blanket for a friend who's living in Belgium. Photo will appear shortly once I've taken the picture. I was in the wool shop yesterday and noticed there's a knitting club running so I thought I'd give it a shot and see what it's like. I can't knit well - for some reason I increase the number of stitches on each row!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update

Weekend fun - part 1