Christmas is coming oh so fast!

I can't believe I've just written my first Christmas card today - where has the year gone? Of course, I'll have to do the rest so this year those abroad may actually get their cards on time for once! Panto season is away to start and it's been a wee while since I last went but I'm going twice to see Aladdin in Arbroath. I'm going to a preview, never been to one of those, with some of my workmates and then with the Rotary. Add into that the Christmas Tree Festival, staff meal, singing group and a show this weekend, December is looking to be fairly busy which is how it should be.

So I've got a couple of days off just now with most of December off. I'm back at College and have to fit my holidays around the classes so I think I'll only be a work for about 4 days in December. I'm currently designing and building a website which is interesting and am using Dreamweaver and Photoshop and trying to learn CSS at same time. Added to that, I'm busy with the Rotary as well though that should slow down over Christmas. You may not know but Rotary is the organisation that is working to eradicate Polio (amongst other things it does) so we're gearing up for an event in February, Thanks for Life.

I haven't started the last blanket yet, something I'll have to crack on with as the baby is due on the 29th December. Maria posted a link showing me holding Owen and his blanket on my blog earlier but in case you missed it I've linked it here as well.

So apart from that, all's well. My car had its service a last week and suffered no problems (thankfully) as a result of the flood water that I keep having to go through to get to work. It also didn't need a new spring as I've gone through 3 in the last year thanks to the awful roads in Angus, particulary Montrose.

Weatherwise at the moment, we have gales but I'd rather have that than the constant heavy rain we've been having. I got a good report re: my balance yesterday which is great. Apparently I've "plateaued" (not sure that's spelt right!) and interestingly enough, the tests I'd had show that I did well in the balance bit but not in controlling balance from my feet and legs which the therapist didn't expect. It's supposed to be vice versa. It's likely that the damage to the knee three years ago is the root of the problem (which I've been saying all along, but then I know nothing!). As far as I'm concerned, so long as I can do everything I want to do then I'm fine and dandy.

Anyway, that's it for now, cup of tea time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update

Quirky jug cover