At long last.....

Yikes, didn't realise it had been ages since I've updated the blog! This is my third attempt to try and update and no wonder it takes me forever as it doesn’t always save properly or there’s a problem with the editing and you’ve to re-type everything!

I really enjoyed the cycling course the Council ran in April and managed to change my inner tube with help from the tutor. I have 20" wheels which are harder to get the tyre off but much easier to get it back on! We cycled round Forfar mainly practising turns and roundabouts and I was surprised at the abuse we got from some drivers because we were cycling in pairs. Apparently, it's recommended that you cycle in pairs instead on one big line (there were nine of us) as it's much riskier for a driver to overtake and they could knock you off. I’ve also been cycling round Angus, up the Glens and even got more abuse when using a cycle path. I’ll stick to taking my chances with the traffic I think. I was on holiday for a couple weeks a month ago and reckoned I cycled around 60 miles over the fortnight. I even treated my bike to a thorough cleanup which took close to three hours (yes, it's true!) as I had to adjust the brakes. Even my car doesn’t get that much attention!

I hosted a candle party thanks to Shona - she does the demo bit thankfully and I hosted another one with Joe at his house in June. He's staying in the National Trust for Scotland's Mud House at Logie which is lovely and a great setting for loads of candles burning. During study leave, I'd been itching to blitz the house (anything to avoid studying) but didn't. I did blitz it with an inch of its life for the candle party! The car still has stuff in it as I forgot to take half of the junk round to the dump - typical. My house now smells lovely – currently got a chocolate mint one burning which doesn’t help if you’re craving chocolate!

Well, my boss retired in April and I'm now doing his job and mine which makes life a bit hetic. I do more of his than mine though I'm hoping that things will settle down in about a year's time :) I've a massive backlog to get through have asked for training on Horizon (our library system). I quite like the system administration side (so far anyway) but I don’t have much time to concentrate on it having to do my own job as well. I hate to say it as well but last week I managed to buy some books for the first time since April. I seem to spend a lot of time doing pointless paperwork which is daft in this age of technology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update

Weekend fun - part 1