Baby photos

I love the stripey mitts but the hospital blankets are hard.

Crashed out after a feed!

I went up to see Kate and Georgie on Tuesday and Wednesday. They didn't get discharged until Wednesday night as Georgie's blood sugar was too low so the poor bairn had her feet pricked every couple of hours or so from birth to discharge. Not a great start but she's fine. They reckon the cause was a drug Kate was given in labour. So they're home now and Georgie's beginning to settle which is great though I doubt Kate will be sleeping much for the moment!

We've had a bit of a thaw today though it's still icy and slippy. At the moment, it's blowing a gale which is better than last night with snow. I slid down in Montrose as the snow was freezing straight away. Of course on Friday, I left home and it was -8 and by the time I got to work in Forfar it was -12. Talk about cold, the steps and path into work have massive cracks in them now. We've not had it as bad as Abderdeenshire and other parts of the country thankfully. I like snow but not the ice and as I now have to commute, it means I have to get to work somehow whereas I've always lived in the area I worked in and would have just walked to work. It's lovely driving just after the snow's stopped and the trees, buildings etc. are tipped with snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update

Weekend fun - part 1