Happy New Year!


Well, my resolution for this year obviously has to be to update the blog at least more than once a year! I'm suffering at the moment with tenosynovitis in my wrist so I'll be updating it bit by bit as typing is difficult, as is writing, reading, cleaning, cooking, washing the car etc or basically anything the wrist objects to doing really. Driving isn't too bad though cycling is out as I can't brake let alone hold the handle. It's quite annoying as the weather's been ok for cycling too. I'm waiting to start physiotherapy in 3 weeks time though.

I decided to replace my car in the autumn as the foam gasket leaked (more like gushed really) which meant the floor of the car was constantly soaking particulary after any amount of rain. The garage did try to sort it but some water was still getting through so thought I'd better bite the bullet and get a new one. I've got a brand new Corsa which had to be built as there were none left in stock so it's built to the 2012 specification instead of 2011. It meant waiting a couple of months and praying the weather held and luckily I picked it up the day before the first major frost arrived. Just as well, I would have had to de-ice the inside as well as the outside of the old one!

Never had a brand new car before, the Corsa I replaced was a year old when I got it but bizarrely it worked out cheaper to get a new one once all the discounts had been applied. The last one did really well in snow, floods, parking etc so that and the fact that the bike had to fit in it were my only criteria. It's very red, has a/c since there's no sunroof, is slightly larger than the last one (6 inches), has heated wing mirrors but handles very well though it's still being run in. I tried going up a brae in 5th gear as I usually did but nope, 3rd gear and that was flooring it! It's much happier now thankfully and certainly moves when you need it. It's better on the fuel as well - I've certainly noticed it's not guzzling as much which is great since I'm now skint as replacing the car wasn't on the list for 2011! I also had to replace the washer/dryer since it died in the summer and of course, mine's integrated into the kitchen which means extra costs of course. I'm praying the 2012 has no big outgoings and nothing else decides to die on me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update

Weekend fun - part 1