Life Update

Where has the time gone?! It's been about six weeks since my last post so here's a brief update.

A couple of weekends ago, Since it was forecasted to be a lovely day, I went round Glen Clova and Glen Doll with Sharon, a colleague from work, on our bikes. We reckon we cycled about 18 miles or so though admittedly I had to walk up a few of the steeper slopes! I get half way up and just grind to a halt. It was a great day and the weather held only deciding to rain when we were leaving. I have noticed a problem with the bike, just a minor one really. The seat has a tendancy to move so I can be pedalling along quite happily then suddenly my knees are up at my chin!! This of course, tends to happen going up a hill making life challenging, so I'll have to figure out someway of tightening it. The bolt is not like a standard bolt either - typical.

I'm now back at College and am having to create a website from scratch which should be interesting since I've never used CSS etc. in my life but hey, good time to start! My boss is a yoga teacher and lecturer so he's kindly volunteered to be a guinea pig and let me create one for him. College is taking up quite a bit of time at the moment but apart from a noisy class, I'm enjoying it.

Blanket two is nearly finished, it just needs its edging so I'm hoping to start that this week. I met up with Maria this week as I had a few days holidays and caught up with her. It was great to see her again, although we only live about an hour away, with family and committments it can be hard to meet. Her baby is due tomorrow (5th) so hopefully everything will go smoothly. Once she's home, I'll go back up and give the baby it's blanket so I'm looking forward to that. Even though I'd lived in Aberdeen for four years, I'd never actually driven (being a poor student and all that) so went armed with my brother's map which wasn't exactly correct, and Maria's instructions, which were perfect!

I also met up with Anthony, a friend who travels quite alot for his work so it was great catching up with him as well especially as he was just back from Poland. He hosted a film evening at his house a couple of days later (he has his own home cinema complete with proper seats - smashing!). The folk who were there are all involved with the Montrose Picture House (not the pub!) so it was really nice spending time with them. What we try to do is bring a film that we haven't seen which can be difficult as I tend to watch the ones I own! Then we whittle them down to those that no-one has seen at all and watch one or two. We started of with A Mighty Wind which was funny then we decided to watch In The Loop as most of us wanted to see it anyway and was hilarious. So a good night was had by all.

Yesterday it was blowing a gale, literally. I went out to Scurdiness with Mum and balancing took on a new meaning! I'm trying not to put the heating on until the end of the month as the storage heaters eat electricity like it's going out of fashion. I had to give in though and put the electric fire on for a bit as bizzarely all the vents in my house are on the living room wall and it doesn't stand a chance in the gales.

That's it in a nutshell - I'll post seperately a bit on the weekend away.

Comments

stupidgirl_no1 said…
Can't wait to see our blanket, very exciting! No movement on baby front yet though so no need to rush the edging! Was lovely to see you - and the rock buns were yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend fun - part 1