Crochet


Another hobby of mine is crochet which my Aunt taught me though I was taught with wool and in straight lines so I find cotton and shapes harder though I've made one or two things that way. I did make a necklace for a friend which worked out well. Anyway, I make tea cosies (bizarre, I know) and baby blankets.
My sister fell pregnant with her first daughter so I had to learn fast to make her one. Each blanket is unique and I improve with every one I may add. So far there are four: first one for Jade (Kate's eldest), Brooke (her second), Jayden (my friend, Jennefer, in America's son) and James (Sally in Wales's son). My neighbour Kathleen at the back of my house is pregnant, due in August so I'm making her one and my friend Maria in Aberdeen is also expecting in October so numbers 5 & 6 will done together which will be a first.
At the moment, my favourite is Brooke's as I couldn't understand the pattern so made up the edging! A bit of blood, sweat and tears went into it hence the favouritism but I do like them all. The hard part is deciding on the pattern. So far, I've only used two but I'm might branch out for 5 & 6 so long as I don't leave it until the last minute.

Anyway, I do have pictures of all four but have only got Brooke's on the pc at the moment. When I get time, I'll upload the other three for you to see. Oh, and if you do fall pregnant and would like one, let me know at least a month before the birth :)!!

Comments

stupidgirl_no1 said…
I feel totally honoured to be on the list for one of these, the one pictured is just gorgeous! So exciting! As if being pregnant wasn't exciting enough!

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update

Weekend fun - part 1